About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blood Mobile at Henrys Market

Last weekend, my mother and I volunteered at Henrys Market for the American Red Cross. It was exciting that it was not raining and I was really excited to be able to work with the people again and hear their stories for why they help save lives. It was a great day, a beautiful one I mean, and there was not a cloud in the sky. I introduced myself to every person, with a huge smile on my face and if there was a long wait-I would simply ask them questions about why they are giving their time to help save lives. In the beginning, the computers hadn’t arrived and so I had to tell the people to be patient and offered them snacks. One mother brought both of her children to give blood and it made me realize that I can actually start giving blood soon. My birthday is in January and I can start giving blood to the American Red Cross when I am the age of 17. Now that I think of it, I just might start giving blood after the New Year. I want to be able to help save lives, I mean how amazing would that be if I could give blood –and help give people another chance at life-a chance to be able to live life again to the fullest and do the things that they otherwise wouldn’t be able to do.






No comments:

Post a Comment