About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Home Town Buffet Ribbon Cutting-2

Last Weekend, My dad and I were invited to another grand reopening of a Home Town Buffet! The cool thing about being able to go this reopening was that this restaurant was the original Home Town Buffet, where it all started. When I first arrived, the managers were kind enough to give my father and I a complementary breakfast! We ate so much food, but of course I tried to be ladylike while I ate their delicious meal. I even had orange sorbet, which ended up slightly dying my teeth and lips orange-Woops! But there’s nothing a good glass of water cant fix. Then it was time for the ribbon cutting. Everyone was ushered to the front of the restaurant where a balloon arch was, and a small carnival had been set up in the parking lot right in front of the Home Town Buffet. The local school had their band and pep dancers performing, with the most glamorous green and black costumes. The vice president of the Home Town Buffet began to speak in the microphone and introduced all of the great management teams and special guests: including me and the Icee Bear and Bee Mascot of the Home Town Buffet. Also, one of the pep dancers came to the microphone and blessed us all with her gorgeous voice singing the National Anthem. Then the ribbon cutting was quick and fast, my dad barely had time to snap pictures of the falling ribbon. A few little girls came up to me, as well as older men, and asked for pictures. I absolutely love taking pictures with little children, they are so adorable, and precious and are so in awe of my crown and banner, its quite adorable. Finally, after the paparazzi event had ended, I decided to go the carnival. I played a variety of games, such as ring toss, a penny game, and one game where you have to hit a plastic frog into a basket. After winning a lot of tickets, and getting a air brushed flower tattoo, I decided to give my tickets to a little girl. Honestly what was I going to do with 30 tickets that only won me little plastic skateboards and pencils. And the look on her face-of complete shock and happiness, made it so much more worth it.



The original HomeTown Buffet







Picking my airbrush tattoo


No comments:

Post a Comment