About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Mother Goose Parade

The day after the Mr. Vista Pageant that Sunday, was the 64th Annual Mother Goose Parade down in El Cajon. I had to get up early, around 5 am to get ready (paint my face as I call it) and drive down to El Cajon. This would have been superb and not a problem, if there wasn’t the weather report of possible rain storms! In the morning, it seemed as though the rain wouldn’t be coming. There was heavy overcast, but it mostly was fog and that would clear up in a couple hours. I was dressed in a elegant evening gown that showed a lot of skin and I was worried that I would be freezing because of the cold weather. Luckily I brought a coat so I stayed snuggled up in it until we arrived in El Cajon. Because I was a queen, I was also invited to the Delegate VIP Breakfast. I thought it was such an honor to be invited to the breakfast along with other queens and the Mother Goose Queen who is my good friend. Taylor, Miss Mother Goose 2010, is one of the sweetest girls I know and is also the one person who made me feel so at home at the parade. Because Taylor is the parade’s special queen, she was to be interviewed by Channel 6 along with the rest of her princesses to answer questions about the parade. I went with Taylor to support her but she was so sweet and asked me to come up with her so I ended up being on TV! I thought that it was so kind of her to allow me to share the spotlight with her and be on TV, and create a moment in my life that I will never forget. Then suddenly, it changed. I felt a drop of water on my hand, then another and another. Oh no! It was starting to rain! Quickly, some of the parade route coordinators offered me and the other queens a ride back to our cars so we wouldn’t get drenched. But it was starting to pour. My car, being a Mustang convertible already had no roof and my driver Buck had set up 4 umbrellas in his car to cover it from the rain, but it was still pouring. I was shivering underneath the umbrella (after I climbed into the backseat of the car) when the parade started. Because it was raining hard, we decided to put the roof onto the car, and go into the parade that way anyway. I was a little bummed having to wave and smile to people from the inside of a car, but they were still so happy that I was there and they cheered me on nevertheless. It was definitely a parade I will never forget. Thanks to the weather, deciding to rain on my parade.


A handsome veteran :)

With my dear friend Taylor Woolrich, Miss Mother Goose Parade 2010

All of us on TV!


With the Maid of Honor and High Point Princess, on the Mother Goose court. These girls were SO nice!

SO CUTE!!!

When it started to rain!

Still trying to look glamorous in the freezing rain...SMILE :)



No comments:

Post a Comment