About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Encinitas Holiday Parade

Last Saturday, I participated in my very first night parade, the Encinitas Holiday Parade, with my parents, aunt, her boyfriend and my friend Rory. It was a really great experience except for the fact it was absolutely freezing! Considering I was in a elegant red evening gown, with elbow high satin gloves ( for “warmth”), I didn’t feel the cold at first, but after a while, when we were waiting for the parade to start, ( we waited for nearly 2 hours) that is when the cold began to get to me. So, I went and tried to make myself busy by meeting Girl Scout Troops, daddy and daughter clubs, and even men with nice cars and motorcycles. I introduced myself to several of the other queens (Miss Vista, Miss Teen Vista, Miss Harbor Day Queen and Little Miss Southern California). Little Miss Southern California had never done a parade with her, so I invited her to come to walk with me around the parade route, to meet the other people. I got to crown a few of the girl scouts and girls from the daddy and daughter “Indian” clubs, as well as ride a motorcycle, scooter and hold the cutest puppy in the world. When it was finally time for the parade to start, I was shocked at how good the turn out was. Both sides of the parade were solid packed with people and some were even standing outside their restaurants and stores to watch the parade go by. Little boys and girls smiled and cheered at me when I drove by and I called out “Merry Christmas” and “Thank you so much for coming” to all of the parade participants. It was a really rewarding experience, despite the cold, and I am really thankful I got to be a part of it.


It was COLD!!

Possibly THE coolest bike ever :)

A excited fan! :)

An adorable elf!

I miss riding scooters :) Who said queens cant have fun? :)

With a dog from the Humane Society


Silly faces!!!

Rory and Aunt Lotte!

Crowning another beautiful girl :)

With My dad and Robert-my Car driver :)

No comments:

Post a Comment