About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

San Pasqual Winery Ribbon Cutting

Today I had a event down in El Cajon again, but this time, not for an parade, it was for the grand opening of San Pasqual Winery. I was extremely early when I first arrived and so I asked the management team at the winery if I could help them with anything. They had me setting up wine glasses, uncorking bottles, laying out cheese, and ripping apart tickets in groups of 3 for all of the people who came to drink and support the couple who opened the winery. When people started arriving, Sherral went and called us out for the ribbon cutting. At that time, Taylor, Mother Goose Parade Queen had arrived and came to take the pictures with us. Since this was her first ribbon cutting, it was really neat showing her around and teaching her how to talk to people and how to start a conversation with a adult or business owner. I must say that one of the advantages of going to all these events was basically that I feel very confident in myself and do not find it a problem to “ work the room” and help people where needed, as well as talk to others and make them feel welcome. It helps bring people out of their comfort zone and also teaches queens on how to make them more personable and open. People love to talk to people who want to talk to them, that is why it is important as a queen to make sure you always have a smile on your face, because you are representing more than just yourself. You are representing a title, which is for a city, or a state, or even a country, and that is why it is important to always be your best at these events. Because it helps you gain a great reputation as well as make people want to come talk to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment