About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

National City Home Town Buffet Ribbon Cutting-3

Last weekend, I went down to El Cajon for the reopening of the Home Town Buffet. The manager and director of community relations gave me and my mother a tour of the new and refurbished restaurant and even allowed us to have a complimentary breakfast, on them, to see and enjoy the new tastes. The food was absolutely delicious and I could not believe just how nice everyone was being!  Miss El Cajon Teen and Miss Rancho San Diego also arrived to support the event and Miss Rancho San Diego blessed all of the people there with a beautiful performance of “Star Spangled Banner” which she sang gorgeously. The manager and vice president of the Home Town Buffet made a speech about each and every person on their staff, and members of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce who had helped support them with the opening and then reopening. The vice president even thanked me for coming! After the speeches, ribbon cutting, and pictures, the director of community relations asked me for my card and email so that they could invite me and have me at the other events. I was completely honored-for they had not asked the other girls to attend their other ribbon cuttings. This means that they say me interact with other people and realized that that was the face they wanted to be seen with their company. You always have people watching you, even if you are aware of it or not. Its something you should definitely know-going into life. Because it pays off, especially if people like what they see.

With the Mayor of National City

Adorable little dance team


Something was apparently funny

Dancers from the local high school



( P.S. YES , I did dye my hair)

No comments:

Post a Comment