About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Miss Southern California Teen Achieve and Woman Of Achievement Pageant

This Sunday I was queen of the First annual Miss Southern California Teen Achieve Pageant. There were about 20 girls competing in all for both the teen title and the Woman of Achievement title. I had to give a speech in the beginning for the all the girls on how to get events, and also the proper etiquette of events and what to do and what not to do. It was such a great experience getting to know all of the girls, and being able to help them, teach them and help them realize that they have the courage to be the best they can be, just in themselves. There were 5 different areas of competition: Talent, GPA and Community Service, Sportswear, Evening Gown and Talent. We had such a wide variety of talents: from singing to playing piano, to amazing sketches, to dancing. The judges had their work cut out for them, and there was no way that I could have taken their job-or at least been one of them. All of the girls were so sweet and talented that I frankly wish I could have crowned all of them. I was also able to crown two queens because the judges asked if we could crown 2 queens based on the fact that all of the girls were way to talented and close to being crowned. It was so exciting because I ended up being able to crown a good friend of mine, Rebekah Burger. It was such an honor to be part of this moment in those girls’ lives, a moment that might change their lives forever.






Crowning the girls with their delegate crowns








This amazing woman gave me the perfect updo!

Beautiful contestants :)

Oh yea-im tough!





Congratulations to Rory Devalon-who won Best Interview


All of the winners :)

No comments:

Post a Comment