About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Couture Formal Fashion Show



California apparently has no idea what to do when it rains. And a slight drizzle on the highway makes it where everyone driving must come to a near complete stop. Because of this response to mild weather conditions, it took me nearly 3 hours to go from my house to the ribbon cutting and fashion show down in El Cajon I was to be attending. I left school at 3:15, and arrived close to 6, thanks to bumper-to-bumper traffic. Because the ribbon cutting was at 5:30, I missed it but was able to make it in time for the fashion show. And it was completely worth it. All of the dresses were absolutely gorgeous, and there was such energy in the room, I loved it. All of the chamber of commerce ambassadors were so excited to see me, and they felt terrible that I had gone through so much traffic to get there. And because I still came, I got invited to a mixer to sell raffle tickets with the chamber again. It paid off to go, and I know next time to check the traffic BEFORE I get on the freeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment