About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Boat Races at Mission Bay

Today was my fourth event this week. My family and I went with my uncle to see the Mission Bay Boat Races. It was a unofficial event, so I just dressed in jeans and a tank top but yet still adorned myself with my banner. I had to leave extremely early in the morning, and considering I hadn’t slept that long the night before because I had come home really late from the San Diego pageant. But, nevertheless, I put a smile on my face and got excited to go.  It was such a fun experience! There was music, food, vintage jewelry, games to play, and lots of little booths to buy things in. Not to mention the boats! They were exceptionally gorgeous and fast! I watched at least 20 or 30 races, ate food and talked to a lot of people. Because I was wearing my banner, several people asked me for pictures and many of the vendors gave me free things to “advertise” for them. For example, one of the vendors was a airbrush artist and she called me over to her booth and let me pick any airbrush I wanted. I chose a fairy to go on my arm. Not only did I get some sun, some fun, and spent time with my family, I also got to give the boat show great publicity because Miss California was there. All in all, going to see the races was a exciting ending to my busy week. I got the best of both worlds: playing around in casual clothes on a warm sunny day, and also yet have a aura of prestige over me by making it an event.






No comments:

Post a Comment