About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Eye Grind Design Ribbon Cutting





Last Tuesday I was honored to be once again invited by the San Diego Chamber of Commerce to accompany another ribbon cutting for the grand opening of Eye Grind Design in El Cajon. Accompanied by my mother, I eagerly walked in and introduced myself to the proud, new owners and accompanying chamber of commerce. The creator of the company took me on a tour of her heartand showed how it worked. It was so fascinating! The artist designed furniture that was cut solely by lasers. She had made beautiful desks, chairs, lamps, and tables that would fold up into gorgeous shapes on the wall in a way where you couldn’t even tell they were really furniture. After socializing, the photographer had me come and take pictures with another V.I.P. of the day-Mother Goose! I found myself unable to keep from smiling and laughing as I held the ribbon for the pictures of the actual ribbon cutting, and when the owner was presented the letter from the city, congratulating them on their new business. Later on, I found out the chamber of commerce told my mother that I was such a pleasure to have at ribbon cuttings that I brought such an area of energy to the events and they couldn’t wait to have me at the next one. I made everyone feel comfortable. It was so sweet to hear these words from the chairman and made me know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing as queen. After the ribbon cutting, there was a show on how the furniture was cut by the laser. All in all, I am really thankful I got to go to this ribbon cutting because every time I go, it’s a new experience where I meet new people and become a better ambassador for my state.

No comments:

Post a Comment