About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 3, 2011

Miss Southern California Teen Achieve Orientation

With Marlene Martin, my AMAZING director :)
Yesterday, on the evening of November 27, 2010, was the Orientation for the preliminary pageant of Miss California Teen Achieve. It is the Miss California of Southern California Pageant. I arrived 10 minutes late, due to LA traffic, and was introduced by my director Marlene in front of the Teen and Miss Contestants. Then, I shared a short 3 minute impromptu speech with all the girls about my experience in the pageant. I told them how I hadn’t won my first pageant and that had really discouraged me but when I went and joined Marlene’s pageant it ended up making me more confident, and taught a lot about myself. It showed me my strengths and weaknesses’ and how much more confident I can become when I believe in myself. The girls and their moms seemed to really take my story to heart; I got them to nod their heads at my main points, to laugh at my jokes and to eagerly be listening to what I had to say. I felt like it was important for me to be a good leader for them all, and to just be the most helpful and caring person I could be. Especially since a lot of these girls had never done a pageant before, I let them ask me any question they wanted to about the pageant and certain concerns and questions they had about what they should wear, how they should act, what they should say on stage or to the judges, how they got sponsors, etc. They all seemed to genuinely be interested in what I had to say, and I told them all that I was there for them, if they had any questions on the day of the pageant or before, I was there for them.  Seeing as the pageant is almost here, I cannot wait to see how it will turn out, and I hope to be a good example for the new queen.


With Miss Teen Garden  Grove and Miss Alhambra: Two of our contestants !

Miss Teen Garden Grove, Miss Hollywood, and Miss Teen Alhambra

With Miss Teen North County and Miss Teen Hollywood

Explaining what all the pins mean on my sash

Working the room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment