About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Boo Parade

Last weekend, I had another parade down in El Cajon. This was the annual BOO parade and my father, aunt and I all dressed up as pirates for the Halloween parade. This was a time for all of us to have the most fun, and take pictures with all of the crazy outfits. On our street alone was “Jack Sparrow”, the UCSD Pep Band, a elementary school, and a music club. I got to walk around in my pirate costume and take pictures with all of the children and their parents. The little girls at the elementary wanted to wear my banner, and told me that I looked really pretty in my costume and that they wished I could come and teach at their school. My Aunt Lotte took pictures of me petting a bumblebee dog, and with Wells Fargo cowboys and horses, clowns, little kids dressed up as vampires, ladybugs, cowgirls, etc. It was such a fun experience to take pictures with all the children, and feel as though they truly wanted me there. When the parade finally started, the weather was so nice (everyone had told me it was going to be raining), I loved smiling at the crowd, at their cameras and waving to the audience, all the while saying “ Good Morning!” and “ Happy Halloween!” After the parade ended, there was a Halloween carnival that I wanted to go see. There, I met up with Jack Sparrow again, took lots of funny pictures and got some fun, fattening foods as well as asked for pictures by parents for their kids, and few of the vendors. All in all, it was a great experience. I had never dressed up for a Halloween event before, and this being my first time, made the best first impression.









No comments:

Post a Comment